Translate

Wednesday 8 February 2017

My Dearest Darling Edward

The two turtle doves arrived this morning and are cooing away in the pear tree as I write.  I'm so touched and grateful.
With undying love, as always, Emily

12 Days of Christmas (Correspondence) - John Julius Norwich

I have completed the second block of Joan Elliott's 12 Days of Christmas:


It didn't take long at all because so much of it had been done for the 12 Days SAL at Christmas.  Here is the whole piece so far:


You can see where I am diligently stitching the gold metallic on either side of the red border.  I had used up one of the two skeins provided before I was even half-way done and it was obvious I would need more.  I emailed Design Works on Friday 3rd February with a photo of my progress and explaining the need for another skein of metallic thread.  They replied within the hour promising to send one.  Which arrived on Tuesday 7th February.  At first I assumed they had asked a UK stockist to send it, but no, the skein came all the way from the US in just four days, two of which were a weekend!   That's good service for you. 

I worked on Sunday so I decided the FFO for the weekend should be a simple one.  I found a great frame for £1 in a charity shop which was perfect for Fox Forest by The Workbasket:


I even managed to get an accurate photo of the fabric colour too.  It's 32 count Light Khaki linen.

I'm doing so well with the Ten-a-Day Challenge, stitching and posting photos every day.  Here is the current progress on Day 39:


That violet border is going to take some time!

Here's the first 36 days collage:


Finally, it's nearly time for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.  If you signed up to take part, please could you email me your photo by Friday 10th February.  If you haven't signed up then you have until Friday to let me know you'd like to be involved.

29 comments:

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Twelve Days of Christmas is looking beautiful already.

Bea said...

Nice finish for Day 2. That's an excellent frame for foxes - the colour works beautifully. I'm really enjoying watching your 10-a-day project grow.

Linda said...

The turtle doves are gorgeous Jo. Ten-a-day looks great.

Linda

Linda said...

You did a great job at framing Fox Forest.

Linda

deb said...

The turtle doves have such sweet faces. Your foxes look marvelous all framed!

Beth in IL said...

You have been busy! Good girl!

Mini said...

Congrats on the block completion. Always happy to hear about good customer service.

Preeti said...

Lovely stitching!! The turtle doves are looking so much in love.

Christine said...

The frame was a great find, it's perfect for the fox sampler.
Loving the little snips from the "correspondance" and looking forward to when she starts to get shirty

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The turtle doves are lovely as is the framed Fox Forest. It's nice to see the progress on your Ten-a-day.

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching progress on your projects.
What a great bargain on your frame. It finishes off the sampler beautifully.

Katie said...

Your Turtle Doves looks beautiful indeed. So glad they were able to get you the threads you needed so fast. Now it won't have to sit idle. Love your ten-a-day piece. Looks so beautiful. I'm doing the finishing today on my Valentine piece and I will email you later. Thanks for hosting again.

Melinda Forbes said...

Love those Turtle Doves. And your ten a day. You are so very good at staying on course. I guess I am easily distracted, but it works for me, most of the time.

geeky Heather said...

The lovey dovies look great! Fantastic frame find for the frolicking foxes! =)

Sheryl said...

The Twelve Days is looking pretty and I like the frame you have used for the Foxes.

butterfly said...

What a busy lady you are , such beautiful stitching , love The Twelve Days what a great stich.

Needles Everywhere said...

Fantastic FFO. I made a trip to the local thrift stores in search of frames yesterday. I adore the turtle doves. Your work is just beautiful.

Rhona said...

Two turtle doves is adorable....that whole piece will be fantastic. Perfect frame for you foxes stitching too, and what a bargain it was!

Barb said...

The 12 Days is a beautiful design! You are making great progress!

Stitching Noni said...

Love those turtle doves! Love your FFO :o)
Will send my photo tonight when I get home :o)

Mary said...

The twelve days is very pretty.

Julie said...

Perfect and great bargain the frame was.
Lovely turtle doves, what great service from overseas, better than first class here sometimes.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

That was incredible service! 12 Days is beautiful! I am enjoying watching it develop so very much! I really do not know how you are keeping that 10 A Day Challenge. I would not be able to stop, but it is so fun watching the progress from your daily pictures.

Sarah in Stitches said...

12 Days looks lovely! Congrats on finishing the Turtle Doves, and on framing Fox Forest. Great progress with your 10-a-Day too! :D

Justine said...

That frame was a bargain- it looks great! The turtle doves are so pretty.

Astrids dragon said...

I love the Turtle Doves, they look great!
Your Fox Forest looks wonderful framed, perfect frame for that price!

Leonore Winterer said...

Those doves are really sweet, and good job on securing more of that thread before you ran out! I wouldn't have thought they would get it to you that quickly, but they probably know how stitchers can be a patienceless bunch!

Brigitte said...

They are so sweet, the two little doves. A great Day 2. As you already know I admire you for all that stitching with metallic threads. I don't know what I would do, maybe replace the metallic by a normal thread? Lol.
You found a wonderful frame for the Fox Forest, and it definitely was a great deal.

Heather said...

Yay for a mini finish :). It's looking great so far!