Translate

Saturday 15 October 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness October Link-Up Post


Welcome to the Gifted Gorgeousness link-up post!  The link-up date will continue to be the 15th of each month but I will keep the linky open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time to join in.

The format remains EXACTLY the same as last year so I'm sure you are all aware of what can be included - gifts to and from you; charts, fabric or threads; shoe-horns welcome!

Since my last GG post I have worked on a few gifted pieces:

Ghostly Mandala by Ink Circles - fabric was a gift from Rachel:

stitched on 32 count Autumnal Woodland by Crafty Kitten

Senor and Senorita Sugar Skull by Brooke's Books - a gift for my niece and her fiance:

stitched on perforated paper and finished as fridge magnets

She Tends by Shepherd's Bush - a gift from Kati


stitched on 32 count Light Mocha Linen

Hallowe'en Town by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery - a gift from Sharon:

stitched on 28 count Moondust by Crafty Kitten

This is about half the design but I am stopping here and calling it a finish for various reasons!  My favourite part is the house, I blended two shades to make a nice mottled effect.

Here is the place for you to link up so we can see what Gifted Gorgeousness you have been stitching so far this year.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field NOT the words "October Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.
And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.
Thank you.  I can amend links if you make a boo-boo though.

*


*

We have a special GGGG this month or a Gorgeous Guest Gifted Giveaway.  Hosted by the lovely Rosey from Ishkabibble:


So hop over to Ishkabibble to find out how to enter the GGGG.


Finally, the Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop:

Hallowe'en Blog Hop

Click on the picture to find out how to join in!  I will be sending confirmation emails to everyone who has left a comment so far.  It's been a busy week!

19 comments:

Annie said...

Lovely stitching x

DJ said...

I always enjoy visiting your blog, what cute Halloween stitching you've done! I especially love "She tends" by Shepherd's Bush. I have a few of her patterns and I have incentive to dig them out now and have a go. Thanks again for hosting this fun SAL. Even though I missed a month (or was it two?) I really enjoy participating!

Julie said...

Great GG post from you this month Jo.

Mines on time this month ..... shocker!!

cheryl said...

Love your finishes, especially the Ghostly Mandala and Sugar Skulls!
You are really moving along this year!

Linda said...

Beautiful projects and stitching as always Jo.

Linda

rosey175 said...

Yay, thanks again for the shout-out! :D

The She Tends are very sweet little pieces. The sheep are cute though at first glance I did register them as Siamese cats LOL. I do love the FPS piece! It's sad you're stopping there but sometimes a piece just can't be endured.

Kaisievic said...

Three or four wonderful finishes and a great new start, my dear. She tends is so very pretty.

Bea said...

Great finishes and She Tends is another one of those lovely, delicate looking pieces. Love it!

Barb said...

You have some great Halloween stitching on this post. I love the Sugar Skulls and the Ghostly Mandala.

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Lovely stitching this month =) I love "She tends", especially the little sheep and the fridge magnet are also great, so nice and colorful =)

Stitching Noni said...

Great post... lovely finishes on show!
Will have to pop over and say hi to Rosey :o)
Hugs xx

Christine said...

Great GGs. I like Mr and Mrs Frakenstein's-Monster in their little garden

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely stitching on all and thanks Rosey!

Sarah in Stitches said...

I think Halloween Town is so cute! Great stitching this month. I've just linked up - a few days late, forgive me! :D

Leonore Winterer said...

You had some great happy dances and even more great progress this month! I'm still working on my 'list', post with update is linked now :)

Mini said...

Lovely finishes. Looking fwd to the spooky blog hop. I have added the link now.

jocondine said...

Great GG post, "she tends" looks lovely, sophisticated chart.

The Crafty Princess said...

Beautiful post Jo! I really love those skulls (cakes LOL). The stitching on She Tends looks so intricate and really effective. And of course it goes without saying that Halloween Town is my fav. I did participate in GG but I can't seem to get the link up to work. I don't know why?
xo Alicia

Heather said...

Lovely pieces :)