Translate

Sunday 29 May 2016

A Little More Dragon Progress OR More Little Dragon Progress

Whichever way you look at it, Little Snap Dragon is progressing!

stitched on 32 count Evening Sky Murano from Crafty Kitten

Having commented on all the different greens in this design I haven't actually used any of them this week - it's been blue all the way.  When I got him out of the bag earlier this month I wondered why I had chosen such a big bit of fabric for what appeared to be quite a small design.  As I'm stitching him, it turns out he's not so tiny after all!  The finished design will be 11.5 inches by 16.5 inches.  So he needs that larger fabric.

Last weekend for IHSW I worked on Elizabeth Shephard for two days.  I was in a "border mood" so I I stitched the entire borders for two motifs and then made a start on the swan.

stitched on 30 count linen

You can see how close I am getting now.  Definite finish by the end of the Summer.



Many of you know about my "bathtime stitching", this is a piece I work on in the bathroom each evening while my son has his bath!  He needs adult supervision but doesn't want me playing with him - I might splash him LOL.  So I stitch.  Sometimes I chose a large monchrome piece so I don't have to worry about colour changes but recently it has been Smalls.  In an effort to fit them into the rotation somehow.

Here is a little freebie from Just Nan:

stitched on 28 count evenweave

Remember back in the pre-internet days when your LNS gave out freebies from your favourite designers?  Just Nan used to print them on a stiff pink paper and I have a small collection.  I have stitched a few and have fabric for a few more.  This one is called My Fair Ladybug and you attach a little ladybird charm in the centre of the design.  Won't take long to stitch up.

Finally, you all know I'm a big fan of Hallowe'en and general spookiness!  I signed the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog up for this event:


There were short stories, top tens of monster and monster films, a bit of crafting and a wonderful monster make-up montage, plus the best of our cross stitched monsters.  

You can find the party here - Little Gothic Horrors
and our group blog post here - Hallowe'en Ornie SAL

25 comments:

butterfly said...

Love your WIPs the dragon looks wonderful.
Have a lovely week .

Mouse said...

awwwww he is looking lovely ...i have him in my stash pile .... and love the don't play bit ...lol ...I have got a couple of Just nans ... may even be ones you haven't got ..heheheh .... love mouse xxxx

Bea said...

Snappy looks great, but I'm surprised at the size - it doesn't look that big in the photo you posted. Very nice progress on ES and a finish in sight for sure. Liking the colours in the bathtime stitch.

CalamityJr said...

What a great post! You certainly have been making progress and everything looks great.

Barb said...

That dragon keeps growing, he's not so little any more. It looks wonderful!

Mini said...

Oh so the little dragon is not so little after all.Nice progress on the three projects you showed here.
The Halloween blog party sounds perfect for you.

Preeti said...

Great progress on your WIPs!! All are looking pretty!! Just few more bathtimes to complete your project:)
Looking forward to your SAL project.

Mii Stitch said...

The little dragon is coming along so beautifully!

KimM said...

What lovely stitching and great progress. The just Nan project is adorable.
xxx

Christine said...

Well isn't he just gorgeous?
ES is growing well

Justine said...

Great stitching - especially the not-so-little dragon!

Thoeria said...

Oh my goodness Jo!! You have done some AMAZING stitching this month!! I cannot decide which piece I like most!
The Byzantine ornament is lovely....and the Sweetheart Tree piece...beautiful!!
I cannot believe the amount of progress you've made on the dragon....your needles must be smoking!

gominam said...

Ooh love the dragon already, looks awesome. Great progress on your other pretty WIPS too.

Lili said...

Lovely progress on the dragon! The quaker is so pretty!!
Great post for the monster blog party :)

Leonore Winterer said...

That dragon is coming along ever so nicely, and Elisabeth is sooo close to a finish now! Great progress!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Definitely a summer finish - I can't wait to see it completed, you've worked so hard on it :)

Joysze said...

Snap is so cute!!! I love his little face! Loving the colors of ladybug.... can't wait to see it finished! :D

Julie said...

He's looking super. Three something rewarding about border sttching on little motifs, quick little finshes with each one.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely stitching! You're so close to that finish. It looks amazing! :D

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent work on the dragon and nice new start!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your work is amazing! I truly love everything, but your dragon is fantastic!

Heather said...

Beautiful work Jo!

Kaisievic said...

Pretty new start and how cool it was when they gave out those freebie design cards.

Brigitte said...

Oh, a blue week after the green week on the "little" dragon :) He is really coming along great.
Nice progress on your Quaker piece. I love it.
Oh yes, I remember these pink cards with a freebie by Just Nan. I have also stitched one or two of them in the past.

Katie said...

I'm so behind but just had to comment on your cute dragon. I am working on this one too and haven't picked him up since I started him in Jan.