Translate

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Stitch from Stash May Update

Stitch From Stash 2014
Stitch from Stash is hosted by Mel from Epic Stitching

Essentially the idea behind Stitch from Stash is that we are limited to spending US$25 (or £15) per month.  There are various exemptions (Birthday money, existing mag subs, clubs etc) but the idea is not to try and pervert the rules and to stitch some of that stash!  I will be posting on or around the 20th of each month because that is when I get paid!

Money from Christmas 2013
£ 40.00
January Budget
£ 15.00
January Spend
£ 25.84-
February Budget
£ 15.00
February Spend
£ 18.99-
March Budget
£ 15.00
March Spend
£   8.42-
April Budget
£ 15.00
April Spend
£ 16.19-
Balance
£ 30.56

Nothing
£   0.00
Nada
£   0.00
Zip!
£   0.00

Balance
£ 30.56
May Budget
£ 15.00
Available to carry forward to June
£ 45.56



Allowed purchases:
Jodyri Threads of Month Club : £ 5.54

New Starts from Stash: Nothing!
WIPs and UFOs worked on: A Mon Ami Pierre Noel Blanc, Primitive Hare Spooky Countdown, The Little Stitcher 12 Days of Christmas.

Wow, what an uneventful month!  In the interests of total transparency (after all, I am a stitcher not a politician) I have to confess I did spend some money on scrapbooking supplies which is my other hobby.  Because I am new to scrapbooking I decided not to "Scrap from Stash" this year.  Maybe next year I might do my own personal challenge.

So here are the progress pictures for the first two projects:

A Mon Ami Pierre - Noel Blanc

Since last month I have stitched the pretty scrolling border to the left and under the reindeer.  I have a choice to make now.  Do I stitch the square motif which will fill in the gap on the left side, finish the long border you can't see on the right hand side or reward myself with the alphabet I have just started to the right of the scrolling border?  Decisions, decisions!


Primitive Hare Spooky Countdown Days 13 - 16

I just love that creepy hand holding the spider between its fingers!

Finally, I have opened up the sign-ups for the Summer Postcard Blog Hop.  All you have to do is send me a photo of something you have stitched on this year's theme which is Gardens.  I will then send you a photo from another participant which you must display on your blog.  Please include a message with your photo, about why your garden is important to you, or what you love about your garden, or why you don't have one but what you would like in your ideal garden.  Anything with the word "garden" in it really!

The first photo is in, the sender sent me a photo of a beautiful design I really want to stitch now and a photo of her own garden.  So if you want to do the same, please do.  The garden photo is optional though, the stitched picture is not!!



22 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Congratulations on not spending any money this month! The Spooky Countdown is wonderful!

KimM said...

Oh man - I think I need to join the SFS group…..I blew my budget this month…..maybe because it feels like spring? (Probably not……I'm just WEAK) ;)

Shebafudge said...

Well done you! You're doing great with stitch from stash.

I would stitch the square motif next personally!

Linda said...

Congrats on no spending this month Jo. Love both pieces your working on.

Linda

Beth said...

Co grats on keeping to budget!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Well done on your Stitch from Stash :-) lovely scrapbooking, it's always nice to have a new hobby.

Can you let me know when the summer hop will happen as we've a busy few months and I just want to check I am around, thanks (we're away now until Tuesday)

cucki said...

Well done dear x

Mouse said...

way to go on the not spending ....
hmmmmm scrap booking love it have lots of supplies if you need something I may just have its ...lol
and ooooo I have photo (s) will send you one toot sweet once I have found it/ them ...lol
love mouse xxxxx

Christine said...

Well done on the challenge again.
Go on, stitch the alphabet, you know you want to...

Pull the other thread said...

Congrats on the zero spend. Great stitching progress too!

Marilyn said...

Great wips!
Love the blue fabric, and the Spooky is awesome too.
Marilyn

Chris said...

Great job on SFS!! Your 2 projects are looking great, love that blue linen.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm sure I say it every time, love Noel Blanc.

The Crafty Princess said...

My favourite on Spooky was the ghost with the spider and web, but then you stitched the hand with a spider dangling from it...love it!

You're such a good girl keeping to your budget, if I didn't like you so much, I wouldn't like you. LOL!
xo Alicia

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitching and well done on keeping to your budget.

Faith... said...

Love your Spooky Countdown and congrats on not spending any money this month!

Jan said...

Congrats on keeping your will power in check. Now close your eyes and grab a brand new kit to start! You deserve a stitchy treat. {grin}

Giovanna said...

Great going on both projects - I love the creepy hand too, it looks good in the darker grey.

Kaisievic said...

Hi Jo, you are doing really well with the Stitch from Stash - I could never do that as I am addicted to buying patterns! I have just ordered 9 A Mon Ami Pierre designs from Down Sunshine Lane as she is not selling her designs anymore - I am hopeless. Great progress pics and I must get my Summer Photo organised for you. (Better go to work first, though, to pay for all this stash!)

Lili said...

How pretty the Hare Spooky!
And of course, Noel blanc ;)
Lovely progress on both pieces!

Hugs,
Lili

Susan said...

Great month for SFS!!! I think I would stitch the block to the left of the reindeer with a letter or two thrown in every so often (wasn't much of a help was I?)

Julie said...

Well done on SFS, you are doing so well.
Noel looks wonderful.