Translate

Friday 16 May 2014

A Monster Mash-up

Remember this little outline?


Here is the finished piece:

Stitched on 32 count lavender evenweave using recommended DMC
I love the bright green - 907 for information.

Christine made a great guess, she said Mummy Kitty which is one I designed last year based on the outline of this one.  I love these little Spooky Kitties and have stitched five different ones so far.  Here's my collage:


Frankenstein's Kitty is one of a series of spooky kitties designed by Carand88 based on the microkitties animations designed by Hyraea.

This weekend's stitching will include the Round Robin piece I have and also the next instalment in the Spooky Countdown.

While we're on the subject of Spooky things, have you seen the new Nora Corbett Pixies?




Aren't they totally lush?  And best of all, because they are Nora's Pixies there should be six of them altogether!!  My favourite is the blue one, Gigi.

Finally, I have opened up the sign-ups for the Summer Postcard Blog Hop.  All you have to do is send me a photo of something you have stitched on this year's theme which is Gardens.  I will then send you a photo from another participant which you must display on your blog.  Please include a message with your photo, about why your garden is important to you, or what you love about your garden, or why you don't have one but what you would like in your ideal garden.  Anything with the word "garden" in it really!

The first photo is in, the sender sent me a photo of a beautiful design I really want to stitch now and a photo of her own garden.  So if you want to do the same, please do.  The garden photo is optional though, the stitched picture is not!!


20 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet monster and lovely stitching
Hugs x

Sasha said...

The kitties are so cute!

cheryl said...

Love the kitties!

Heather said...

What a cute, spooky kitty!!

Michelle said...

So cute Jo - I wondered at first if it was the DMC fluorescent green thread. I have a skein of this spare if you wanted it. Enjoy your weekend xx

Miss Lilly said...

Oooh so cute!

Christine said...

Bwa ha ha ha, Franken-kitty is adorable!
Not too keen on the pumpkin pixie design (too "busy" for me personally) but the one in the blue dress is gorgeous

KimM said...

Adorable, cute, sweet……what more can I say?
xxx

Linda said...

Adorable kitties Jo. Are those free designs or for sale.

Linda

Lili said...

Your kitty is so cute!!
Nice collection too!! :)

Have a nice weekend!

Preeti said...

Cute kitties!! The pixies look nice. Looking forward to your stitching one of them.

Ewa said...

Those kittens are SO CUTE! Reminds me of something HHF sent me the other day:

http://imgur.com/gallery/A2PQOyU

The Crafty Princess said...

The kitties are wicked! I love all your variations based on just one little outline. You're one clever cat! LOL.

And yes I have noticed and admired the latest of Nora's witches. 6 you say oh no!
xo Alicia

Mii Stitch said...

Great collection!! They are all just adorable :)

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your kitties are great.
The pixies are lovely, she designs so many lovely ones.

Shebafudge said...

Aren't those pixie witches gorgeous, I would LOVE to stitch them.

All your little kitties are great too. I love them all. xx

Jan said...

All the spooky kitties look so cute. The Nora Corbett Pixie - the one with the blue wings - I like. You will be posting a picture of all 6 right???? [grin]

bonnie said...

these kitties are too cute!!!

Steph said...

I LOVE your spooky kitties! ^_^ XOX

Julie said...

Great kitty collection, that green sure is vibrant.